Sunday, January 4, 2009

VLCD Day #9

Starting weight: 222.0
VLCD Day #1 223.0 (result of loading)

Day #2 221.0 (-1)

Day #3 218.2 (-2.8)

Day #4 216.4 (-1.8)
Day #5 214.8 (-1.6)
Day #6 215.4 (+0.6)
Day #7 213.2 (-2.2)
Day #8 212.4 (-0.8)
Day #9 212.2 (-0.2)

Total lost 9.8 lbs

Why is this slowing down over 2 days. It's gotta be something I'm doing. In response to my most recent vlog on youtube, someone commented that any medication at all can affect results. Well, I am currently on antibiotics for this bronchitis. I also take prevacid for chronic heartburn. I wonder if either of those could cause the slowing. I don't really have much of a choice on either one if I want to live another day. I believe I have 2 more days left of the antibiotic then its done. I hope its the culprit so we can move on. I can try a day or so without the prevacid but if my guts start to boil, I'm back on it again. Plus, I've been taking the prevacid all along. So it was in my system even on the big loss days.

Anyone have any input on this one? Obviously, I am still burning fat on only 500 calories despite whatever meds I'm on. Right? The only other answer is water weight, right? So I am retaining some water. I can live with that because once I'm done with the antibiotic I'll see.

Confession:

Remember how I said that the chicken broth might be a culprit because of the sodium? Well, I had chicken broth again last night. My rationalization was to just cut the amount by 75%. So I had 1/2 cup of it in my dinner soup. Originally the recipe called for 2 cups. So I just did 1 1/2 cups of water & 1/2 cup broth. Now I'm thinking with all the spices I add, I don't need broth at all.

Todays lunch was:

100g Talapia with lemon pepper grilled on the foreman
green salad (iceberg lettuce, chard, radishes, cherry tomatoes, strawberry vinegarette for dressing)
Water

4 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

Hang in there, Nate. The body needs some time to readjust after a significan weight loss. We're all pulling for you.

delmem said...

Hey Nate. Possibly the only diet where someone complains about "only" losing 10 lbs in 9 days. You're sick, maybe not getting much sleep or a tad dehydrated ? Either would most likely slow you down a bit. Keep plugging away, will work itself out. You're close to a normal 3-4 day plateau anyway, maybe you're an early bloomer. If you're up to it, take measurements during the slow down days - a lot of people lose quite a bit off the measuring tape even though the scales are barely budging. Hang in there my friend. Tim

Angie said...

My doctor told me not to combine more than 2 vegetables in one meal.?.

Angie said...

Maybe this is your bodies way it loses weight. You might just wake up tomorrow with another big loss.