Friday, January 2, 2009

VLCD Day #7

Starting weight: 222.0
VLCD Day #1 223.0 (result of loading)

Day #2 221.0 (-1)

Day #3 218.2 (-2.8)

Day #4 216.4 (-1.8)
Day #5 214.8 (-1.6)
Day #6 215.4 (+0.6)
Day #7 213.2 (-2.2)

Total Lost 8.8 lbs

Well what a relief!! I was actually quite nervous to step on the scale this morning. Kinda funny.

I will tell you that based on my 7+ days of experience with this protocol it pretty much consumes your life while you're doing it. I'm not saying that its a bad thing because for me I just find myself always thinking about what is to come. I am always thinking about how neat it will be when I drop under 200 lbs. I am anxious every morning to do that weigh in. If I were to give any advice first to myself and then to others is...... try not to let the result on the scale dictate what your day is gonna be like. When I had that slight weight gain yesterday I was NOT happy. It started my day off on the wrong foot. I had no intention of leaving the protocol or doing anything irrational (like cheating) but it made me a bit grumpy for a little while. My previous post was evidence of that. But I quickly got over it and began to do as detailed an inventory as I could to explain the change. Once I felt I isolated the problem (nyquil) I moved on and was anxious for my next weigh in. Fortunately, I was rewarded with a positive outcome. I don't want to think about what my attitude would be like if I was given another unattractive number. So here we are on a positive track again.

I am such a simple person when it comes to eating. I started out eating literally just a plain foreman grilled chicken breast and some raw vegetable like cabbage or tomato. It got really boring really fast and I found myself very frustrated over what I would eat next. I went online looking for some approved recipes and found a few. I tried one last night from Tammy Skye's online cookbook. I had her Tomato Basil Chicken recipe. It was soooo good. I loved it. I let my wife try it and we both agreed that it is something we'd enjoy even before the protocol. I will try one more recipe from her free preview and then decide if I wanna buy the book. I probably will. I never thought that I would say this for myself, but variety in my diet has suddenly become a very important aspect in making this journey enjoyable. I am just scratching the surface of a whole new world that is available through SPICES.

So here we are. I am almost 10 lbs down from my start weight. I already feel a slight difference in the fit of my clothes and see a slight difference in the mirror(very subtle, but there). And this all has occurred in a week. What a DANG MIRACLE!

STAY TUNED...Tomorrow I'll be doing my first measurements.

No comments: