Tuesday, January 6, 2009

VLCD Day #11

Starting weight: 222.0 
VLCD Day #1 223.0 (result of loading)
 
Day #2   221.0 (-1)
 
Day #3   218.2 (-2.8)

Day #4   216.4 (-1.8) 
Day #5   214.8 (-1.6)
Day #6   215.4 (+0.6)
Day #7   213.2 (-2.2)
Day #8   212.4 (-0.8)
Day #9   212.2 (-0.2)
Day #10 210.8 (-1.4)
Day #11 210.0 (-0.8)

Is this cheating or an expression of shear determination and self discipline?  You be the judge.


Today brings about the biggest struggle that I have had on this.  Not because I got hungry or the hcg just didn't do its job.  I went into the big city today with a couple of friends to do some shopping.  I knew that it was going to be a day long event so I prepared my lunch early this morning and packaged it for the trip.  While in town lunch time came around and the guys started discussing where to eat.  Both of them know that I am on a "diet".  So they asked where I could eat.  I told them to pick wherever they wanted because I had my sack lunch.  I got ribbed pretty good from the guys and I could tell they were embarrassed about being with me and my sack lunch.  Being the good guy that I am, I caved.  I returned my sack lunch to the truck.  They said, "So what are you gonna eat then?"  I looked on the menu hoping to find something the would be approved.  Asian Chicken Salad.  Sounds harmless enough, right?  Ingredients were simple.  A couple different types of lettuce and grilled chicken in a vinaigrette.  So I ordered it and hoped for the best.  When it arrived, it was HUGE.  So I definitely would only eat about 25% of it.  I got 4-5 bites into it and realized that this was the best tasting salad that I have EVER had.  I wanted to die right there on the spot.  At that point I came to a crossroads:  
1.  Finish the salad and know that I "cheated" cuz it just had to have something in it that couldn't be ok on this diet. 

or

2.  Have the discipline to not eat it.

I immediately asked the server for a to go box and packaged the salad up.  I told my buddies that my wife would love this salad for dinner.  They said, "Thats it?"

"That's it!" I said.

"So what are you gonna eat then."

"I'll eat my sack lunch as we drive."

So thats pretty much what I did.  In all truthfullness, that was an awful experience.  I thought I would feel good about myself after being able to resist, but instead I just feel bummed because I really deprived myself.  I sure do hope that 3 weeks from now I will look back and say this wasn't such a big deal, but tonight its stuck with me.  

Was it worth it?  I hope so.

No comments: