Thursday, March 5, 2009

Reality Check

I have gained a few pounds back through  no other fault than my own.  That trip last week was really bad for dieting.  I really didn't think much about it while I was gone so I enjoyed the trip.  It was only once I got home that I really started holding myself accountable.  I didn't want to weigh myself because I knew there would be a gain.  During the vacation I found myself eating exactly how I always have and what got me to the fat stage in the first place.  

Since getting home, I've done very well with keeping up my exercise.  I've picked up the distance in my running and begun weight training again.  I haven't done as much with the diet as I should.  I have cut back the sheer volume of food but not quality.  I had 2.5 slices of Pizza Hut pizza last night.  It's bad that I had pizza but good that I only had 2.5 slices.  In my "previous life" I could have easily consumed 6 slices.  So you can kinda see where I'm coming from.  I've told myself that I will not slip back into old habits.  I am not going to be too hard on myself because all that does is make me miserable.  Instead, today is a new day.  It's beautiful outside so I gotta go do some light cardio.  I will watch more closely what I eat and stay with lean protein and complex carbs.  I will keep the sugar to a minimum.  Thats a really hard part because I have such a sweet tooth.  My portions will remain reasonable.  I will eat slowly and consciously to prevent the overeating.  

Starting today I am going to track everything that I'm eating.  I will track my calories and ensure that I'm not consuming stupidly high numbers.  I may post those numbers here if it doesn't bore you to death.

I know you're wanting to know, so here it is.  My weight now after such a folly filled week +:

LIW 192.8
Current 198.4

A gain of nearly 6 lbs in just over a week.  Unacceptable and "like early stages of some cancers" CORRECTABLE if addressed NOW.

3 comments:

milnerb1 said...

To track your eating, I highly recommend using DietPower software. It's relatively cheap (about $50), you can download it from Dietpower.com and do a 15 day trial for free. It has thousnds of foods in it, tracks exercise, and most importantly, it calculates yout metabolism based on the weight you enter and the foods you eat. If you're a detail guy, you'd probably love the program.

Desert Rat said...

Good suggestions, Thanks.

Ailu said...

I dunno, I think you may have failed to lock.. you shouldn't have gained those six pounds. it might help to eat Atkins style or do a couple of steak days in the next week, that might help you lock into place at your last injection weight. The only other thing I can think of is that you ended HCG at a weight very close to a previous set-point, so that you body is wanting to inch back up to it.